A Hot Melt Application Long-Term Protective Coating - Thick, firm wax-like grease that produces no oil slick when submerged in salt water.
Similar to our Cosmoline 1060, Cosmoline Hot Melt #360 is a thick, firm wax-like grease protective coating that will protect any metal or steel surface (stored indoors or outdoors) for several years! Cosmoline Hot Melt #360 can also withstand complete water submersion (including salt water) and produces no oil slick when submerged, which is an important benefit for our environmentally-conscious end users (Government, Military, Commercial, etc.).
SPECIFICATIONS MODELED AFTER:
MIL-PRF-11796C, Classes 1 & 1A (Cosmoline Direct will provide a Statement of Conformance with each order, at no charge.)
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
* Long term protection (several years) of your inventory investment, equipment, tools, etc.
* Low-odor nature of the product optimizes worker acceptance.
* Meets or exceeds military specifications which allows for government and military applications.
Can be applied via spray, dip or brush. Application by Brush: melting point achieved at 155-degrees F. Application by Dipping: must heat product to bath temperature between 165-200-degrees F. Application by Spray: must heat product to 200-220-degrees F. Cosmoline Hot Melt #360 is intended to be applied once heated, this product can also be applied at 75-85-degrees F by smearing along surface you intend to coat.
* All volume sizes (quarts to drums) of Cosmoline Hot Melt #360 are packed in steel/metal containers that can be heated as needed to achieve the product temperature you're looking to achieve.
* Long-Term Storage of Equipment, Tools, Parts, etc.
* Vehicle Undercoating - Exceptional preformance IF you have the means to apply (Hot Melt Application). Will reliably withstand the harshest of conditions for years...
* Overseas Trasport and/or High Salt Atmospheres & Humidity.
* All other applications pertaining to Mil-Spec MIL-C-11796C, Class 1/1A (aerospace, aviation, military, etc.).
Removal of protective films is accomplished by using a steam cleaner or washing the parts in mineral spirits, solvent thinner, vapor degreaser, or hot alkaline wash.
Commercial 3 years / Military 2 years.
Appearance: Tan/Beige Wax/Grease (see product images)
Coverage: 15 square/feet per 1-lb.
Flash Point: 350º
Water solubility: Insoluble
Non-Volatile content: 100%
Specific Gravity: 0.89
All prices are in USD